Modern Marketing has evolved tremendously over the past decade. Increasing technologies, stakeholders, channels and data are putting enormous amount of pressure on the marketer.
Augentia conducted a brief survey among marketing professionals to understand the various aspects that impact their working life. The profile of respondents was varied across countries, age groups, titles and industry verticals.
This survey presented some interesting findings:
- Enormous amount of consumer data and proliferation of digital technologies has ensured the rise of modern data-driven marketing
- 42% of respondents use marketing automation tools
- 79% use marketing data to measure/analyze customer preferences, channel effectiveness and product performance
- The schedule of marketers looks busy and tight.
- 40% of respondents attend 8+ meetings in a week
- 44% exchange 30+ emails in a day
- Lack of bandwidth or skills shortage forces marketers to stretch themselves at work and/or look outside for help, outsourcing marketing activities
- 77% of respondents work more than 8 hours per day
- 56% use more than 2 external agencies
Many more interesting key findings of this survey have been presented in a slide deck to provide a glimpse of trials and tribulations of a modern marketer.